Sunday, April 25, 2010

Incorporating Technology into Education


At first, I thought I would be fine without using technology in education. I thought I would do fine with just email, Microsoft Words, and Internet for researching. But as I find out in my EDM 310 class, I need more technology to get by as an educator. There are some tools that I would definitely use in my class: Blogging, Google Forms, Google Presentations, and Movie Maker.
I will definitely incorporate blogging into my class. First and foremost, I can post everything we do (lecture, classwork, homework, and upcoming events, like tests) in class online and give the students and parents the website to the blog. This way, students can keep tracks of what they are suppose to do. Secondly, I will post all of my emails onto the blog, so students/parents can contact me if they need me. Finally, it would allow the parents to know what is going on. Many parents would like a way to know what is going on with their children with their schoolwork and if the children do not tell them, they can check online. I think that blogging will be very effective in my future classroom.
Google Form is another tool I would use in my classroom. This will help me create quizzes and surveys that I can print out or let the children take them online. This will allow quick grading and it will not take up too much time.
Google Presentations will be very effective. It will give the children a visual idea of the lectures. It is also something that I can post on the blog, so the children will have them at home. It can be use for the children to do their projects too. I think the children will enjoy this tool.
I will definitely use movie maker in my classroom. I will use this because it allows big creativity and I think that it will grab the children's attention to the materials used in the movie. Besides, most children love to watch movies. It is also another tool I can post on the blog, so the children will them at home. Movie maker will probably be my favorite tool to use in classroom.
These are some of the tools I will definitely use in my classroom in the future. I believe that they are beneficial for me and for what I plan to do. I only hope I can use these tools successfully, which I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment